Come prepared. The DWB Audition Checklist!
All interested choreographers should:
- Download our Choreographer Information Packet
- Fill out the Choreographer Audition Form on page 3 & turn it in at the time of your audition
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign-up for a 10 minute audition time
- Bring your $10.00 Audition Fee (cash or check)
- Bring your audition music (iPod - please remove case & turn on airplane mode)
- Wear dance clothes you can move in. Some choreographers like to dress the part or bring accessories or props that help bring their vision to life.
- Prepare 6-10 eight counts of choreography to your song of choice.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled audition time. Points may be deducted if you are late.
- Stretch on your own & remain in the waiting area directly outside of the studio.
- When it is your audition time the Director will come out to greet you. Don’t forget to smile & HAVE FUN!
All interested dancers should:
- Complete our online Dancer Registration Form
- Pay your $50 Registration Fee online. Dancers can also turn this in at Dancer Auditions (cash only).
- Subscribe to our listserve (top right corner!). Stay up to date on all upcoming events!
- Wear dance clothes you can move in. Dance attire should flatter your body. Bring proper footwear for different dance styles (ie: hip-hop sneakers, dance paws, tap shoes, etc).
- Bring a pen; water; snacks. It's a long day and dancers need to stay hydrated & keep up energy levels. There will be down time in-between auditions to get food as long as you're not auditioning for every piece.
- Arrive on time. Dancers must be in the studio area at least 20 minutes before their next audition.
- Stretch on your own & throughout the day to avoid injury.
- Know how to take an audition. Don't be scared to mess up! Own it & move on. Switch lines when asked to switch and don't be afraid to stand out & get noticed.
- Smile & HAVE FUN!